More about Shearwater Yacht Brokerage’s director and owner
– Penny Wakeling
Sailing has always been a major part of Penny’s life, starting on the small family yacht a lovely little SHE 31 from a toddler on family sailing holidays and weekends around the south coast of UK and France until the age of 8, when her first real sailing adventure began when the whole Wakeling family sailed away for a year cruising the classic Atlantic circuit on their Nicholson 35 Yacht, this voyage include 2 Atlantic crossings, crossing the bay of Biscay as well as magical sailing experiences exploring the Caribbean, Venezuela, the Azores and other Atlantic islands and really inspired in Penny a passion for sailing, adventure an quality yachts and being out on the water.
She studied photography at university and qualified in BA in Photography in 2006 which gives her excellent photographic skills when creating sales photos for boats.
Since then Penny has developed and extensive portfolio of professional and personal sailing trips and experiences, some of the highlights of this are:
- Sailing from Brazil to Cape town on a J133.
- RYA Ocean Yachtmaster qualified.
- Training crews aboard 68ft Ocean racing yachts to prepare them for the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
- Working as 1st Mate in the Clipper round the world yacht race.
- Cross ocean delivery trips.
- Teaching RYA courses in Falmouth & Solent UK.
- Total of 8 Atlantic Crossings and 4 Bay of Biscay crossings.
- Working aboard Luxury Motor Yachts.
After finishing working on the water full time in 2014, Penny has been working as a Yacht broker in Falmouth, UK selling a wide variety of Yachts and Motor boats both locally and abroad, working to British Marine and ABYA standards and always providing a comprehensive and supportive service to clients, these high standards of service continue at Shearwater Yacht Brokerage providing an combination of life long boating knowledge and in depth experience in effective yacht brokerage and boat sales.